Thursday, March 23, 2017

Lisa J's Summer Journal - Home!

I sent my Summer journal off on its journey some 13 months ago and it returned home a few days ago.  Some of the pages were a surprise as not everyone blogged about their entries.

So here it is in its entirety!   I made the journal after checking out a few videos online, and it hasn't fallen apart which is very pleasing!  Here's the cover:


On the first page I wrote some stuff about me, and my rules/requirements for this journal.  Basically, what does summer mean to you?  


I did the first page in watercolour, from a photo my husband Scott took at dusk, down at the beach we like to frequent when we can get away for a weekend.  Which is not often enough with work and kids' sports!


The next page is a collage done by Robyn.  So bright and colourful!


Gail's page is also a collage, and I think some may be napkins?  I really love the quote, it's so true!


Next is Pam's entry - a mix of painting and collage.  The sand has little tiny beads through it and the water has heaps of texture too.  Love the bathing boxes!


I hadn't seen Nat's entry, so it was a wonderful surprise!  A gorgeous painting of a girl up close with a soldier crab.  And the crab has great features that you probably can't see well enough in a photo.


Next up is Wendy's cool surfer dude!  This page is a mix of painting and collage and I love how it turned out.


Lee's page was another that I hadn't seen.  It's a digital piece that has been printed and it's so different and quirky!


Deb's spread is all about looking out the kitchen window to the view beyond.  Wouldn't it be nice to look out at the beach and see the sun setting down over the ocean!  I love all the elements in this page.


Rose's page is so simple but so effective!  She likes to watch the tennis in summer.

Joan's page is a wonderful mix of painting and collage.  All the elements flow so well in this piece and I really like the composition.  Great waves too!


This page didn't photograph very well.  Each January, the ABC play old Countdown episodes on Rage on Saturday nights!  Unfortunately they often start around midnight, but if you can keep your eyelids open for an hour or two, it's so great to watch!  I've always loved music, especially 80s stuff.  So this page is a homage to Countdown and Molly Meldrum, and some of my favourite songs of that era.

I found this cool saying in Pinterest so decided to use it in my journal.  Who doesn't like ice cream?!  When we go down to Ocean Grove, we'll often go to Queenscliff - to wander the town, and buy a double ice cream from the wonderful Nordic ice cream shop there!  


And lastly I put some blank tags in pockets in the back page so the artists that did a page in my journal could tell me a bit about themselves.  Thank you to those that filled one out!


I went a bit overboard with putting my journal together so I still have heaps of blank pages left.  I won't post it out again; at A4 size it's a bit heavy and pricey, but I'll fill it up eventually!  I've asked my daughter Mel to contribute a page when she doesn't have so much homework (year 11...)

Thanks again to everyone that contributed to my journal; it's a real treasure and something that I can keep and look back on forever!

I know we had heaps of problems with the last two swaps, but I can't wait to participate again!

Cheers, Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Lisa, I love the wrap up posts on the blog when we get to view the entire journal in one setting.
    There are so many lovely pages in your journal from your front cover to the back. I love Robyn's happy sun and Gail's collage is gorgeous. I also love seeing all of our artists gaining do much confidence and skill and I really think working in these journals stretches us to do that, the great pages done by Pam and Nat show me that. They are all fabulous but I do need to give Debs incredible spread a special mention as well.
    I am sure you will treasure this Lisa and I look forward to seeing you in the next round.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping in to see our lovely journals as they are developing. We love to see your comments.