Friday, January 27, 2017

Creatures of The Bay Journal by Wendy

I thoroughly enjoyed working in Joan's Creatures of the Bay Journal. I started the background by using three shades of blue and purposely going lighter towards the center for the illusion of light shining down. I used a circle stencil representing the waves or tides/flows of the ocean and also the drop of water used in the saying A rather abstract view point but I do like it.




After recently having fun in my own journals using silhouettes, I decided to use a silhouette of the beautiful whales of the ocean life. There were also some lovely patterned napkins with Joan's journal and I pulled one apart and used the beautiful shells as another layer of my ocean. I know I'm using the word 'ocean' more than "Bay" but this was what I was drawn to do in Joan's journal, so I went with it. Lastly, an appropriate saying for my spread was..."In one drop of water are found all the secrets of all the oceans"...Kahil Gibran
I am very pleased with the outcome of this layout and I hope it brings you some joy Joan, Thank you.

5 comments:

  1. This is lovely Wendy, the colours are great, and the lightening of the colours in the middle really works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Lisa, I think I'm getting better with my shading with practise xox

      Delete
  2. Thank you Wendy for a terrific layout. I love it a lot. Dolphins are always such a good symbol of the sea and we get a few sightings in the westernport bay. I cant wait to get my journal home and to see it in its entirety.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely spread Wendy. I see lots of movement there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping in to see our lovely journals as they are developing. We love to see your comments.